I love going to the temple. I went on Saturday while Mike stayed home with Amaia. I was initially going to do an Endowment Session, but something told me to do Initiatory instead. When I got there, there was a 45 minute wait and I was almost going to change my mind, but I decided to stay and read scriptures while I waited. I looked up scriptures under "Healing" because I have been feeling down a lot lately and just trying to deal with personal issues. I found wonderful scriptures about Christ healing those who were inflicted with diseases, and evil spirits, etc. I've been reading a lot about the Atonement lately and realized that the Atonement is what truly and completely heals us; whether it is from illness, sorrow, or sin. I read about how all people on the earth are precious to the Lord. That means everyone, including people who have done terrible things. The Lord has prepared a way for everyone to receive the blessings of the Atonement. If we believe in Him, it can be applied to whatever ails us. I've learned a new meaning also in forgiving others. It is through the Atonement that we are able to forgive others for their wrongdoings. When we hold things against other people, it is as if we are holding their sins on our own heads because Christ already paid for those sins. It is silly for us to hold grudges and useless as well. Think of how much energy we waste in mulling over other people's misdoings. In the end it doesn't matter what other people did in this life. What does matter is that we forgive them and forgive ourselves and ask for the Lord's forgiveness for not believing in the Atonement for others.I love the blessings given in the Initiatory session. I decided I want to go every Saturday until I have those blessings memorized. I felt huge burdens lifted from me during that session and I continue to feel great joy and peace. I have felt a great love for the Savior, for myself and for everyone. It's an amazing feeling.
4 comments:
Thanks for sharing that Kris.. i miss the temple. there are days where I long to be there, and I try to get over my guilt at where i'm at, because I can't go right now.
I'm also happy for you, that you're finding ways to work through some of these life experienes we've had, and well, I guess we'll continue to have.
I hope this peace stays with you, and that your next goal is to hold on to it, a little longer..seems like that will be easier and easier to do if you stick to your goal of going every saturday.
I would watch amaia for you if I were there, so you could go, and one day, maybe we would even go together...
take care-
love you
Kris, beautifully said. I really believe that. I glad you had such a wonderful experience going to the temple and seeking answers you've needed. We all reach that at different points, and it is really amazing when that happens the physical peace that really does lift those heavy pains and bring amazing forgiveness and peace. We miss you tons. Kiss that cutie-pie and enjoy each stage cause it'll only get bigger and crazier:) love to all, Mels
Thank you so much for sharing your experience on your blog. It touched me deeply. I agree with you the temple brings so much peace to your life and your prayers are answered in ways you weren't expecting. Your daughter is so sweet. They grow up so fast. In a blink of an eye. I hope you continue to have peace. Thanks again for sharing your temple experience.
Kristen- I love this entry, and I love to go to the temple. Initiatory is my favorite. The promises are so beautiful. We are so truly blessed to be able to attend. I am always gratful for the peace that comes there. It can not be duplicated anywhere else. You have such a beautiful testimony, and forgiveness is such an amazing lesson to learn. Your thoughts are so beautiful.I sure miss you guys and hope that you are all well. We love you!
Post a Comment